Furniture Assembler (Deluxer)
|Title:||Furniture Assembler (Deluxer)|
|Location:||City of Industry, CA|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Inbound truck unloading and merchandise put away
- Product movement from the receiving doc to put away; and put away to the deluxing floor
- Deluxing of all outbound furniture pieces prior to delivery to ensure no damages are present and all parts are included to ensure first quality
- Assist drivers with load and assemblies when needed
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments
- Keep work area safe and clean according to general warehousing practices and OSHA requirements
- Lead by example, especially regarding work ethic and adherence to policies
- Self-motivating individual able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organization, and follow-through skills
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to safely lift, push, or pull at least 75 pounds throughout the day
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic with attention to detail
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications