|Title:||Regional Operations Manager|
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) is responsible for strategic leadership and operational excellence across the Central Region Hub Operation supporting home delivery. The ROM will be responsible for developing the leaders including direct reporting Operation Managers to drive our home delivery business. The ROM will deliver on our People First culture for all Williams-Sonoma Associates under his/her direction with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team on a weekly basis remotely and in person to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success.
- Regional Ops. Mgr support for the Central Region – based in Chicago, IL
- Strategically plan, direct, and oversee daily workflow and deliverables across all Hub locations
- Responsible for all Furniture Delivery Hub operations, contracts, network analysis/changes, performance, accountability, and LP for the Central Region hubs.
- Key liaison for all escalated orders, RTL Store Support, UPS/OVR deliveries, seasonal floor sets, and Design Studio orders.
- Address and resolve customer service issues in a timely and thorough manner
- Drive continuous improvement into our furniture and delivery network, including carrier accountability and overall delivery efficiencies through our hub network and transportation initiatives.
- Maintain inventory accuracy across our home delivery Hub locations
- Provide field training and support to our Hub delivery teams, and communicate new processes or changes to our leaders in the Central Region Hubs
- Responsible for all transportation related responsibilities for Home and RTL Store deliveries - both vendor managed and WS managed transportation teams
- Position will be domiciled in the Chicago market; 70% travel is required.
- Proven proficiency in written and verbal communications - able to deliver well organized presentations effectively to multiple levels.
- Must be a strong team leader with exceptional organizational and delegation skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure.
- Assist in research, and provide recommendations, to source and select logistics service providers that support our home delivery business at a world-class level
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Availability for up to 70% travel required to engage store partners on service levels locally, and to support the Central Region Hub Operations as needed
- Must be highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Ability to influence and motivate teams remotely across multiple locations
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus