|Shift::||Monday- Friday 8:00AM- 4:30PM|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Logistics Coordinator position is located in Memphis, TN. This position is responsible for supporting the Logistics Managers through operational planning, communication and ongoing awareness of the inbound supply chain network.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Chassis management across all US ports and distribution centers.
- Invoice auditing across multiple ship modes.
- Field status inquiries from corporate inventory teams for international purchase orders as they travel from origin country through the port, trans-load, and inland segments of the supply chain.
- Monitor our Ports Operations from end to end which includes communication with the Drayage providers, Ocean carriers, and DC's.
- Manage foreign origin shipping exception cases: Container Utilization decisions, PO ship window and destination deviations.
- Monitor transportation milestones for PO's moving via Ocean which includes resolving missing EDI events between service partners and InforNexus.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose in transit issues for all WSI Brands, all ship modes.
- Resolve ocean and air transit time questions and "issues as they arise.
- Ability to run and update reports as needed within various applications.
- Review training materials for tracking systems with internal customers whenever necessary.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 years of logistics or supply chain experience
- At least 1 year of proficient experience in MS Excel and Word. Candidate must be able to create and maintain active spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess tbe ability to work well with others and support team goals. Maintain flexibility and accept other duties as assigned while conducting business in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Basic knowledge of PKMS, InforNexus, and Yardview
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits