The Sr HR Generalist is responsible for providing expertise and support to generate results and create value in the following areas of HR: recruitment and selection, associate relations, onboarding, HR administration/HRIS, employment law, diversity and inclusion, safety/WC and LOA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDING ON LOCATION:
- Interact daily with management and associates to insure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise
- Work with managers and business leadership on human resources issues, providing insight and options compliant with legislation and consistent with Williams-Sonoma's people first philosophy, policies and culture
- Investigate, document and resolve associate relations issues
- Assist in the administration of the DC recognition program
- Participate in the corporate diversity and inclusion committee and develop and implement local programs
- Manage associate onboarding process
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Involvement in operational functions within the facility/region as appropriate
- Respond to unemployment claims and reports worker's compensation claims, benefits, etc.
- Counsel and direct associates to STD/FMLA vendor and respond to eligibility inquiries
- Implement, communicate and manage HR programs, policies, and associate guidelines to achieve goals and fulfill legal requirements. Ensure consistency across the organization with all existing programs
- Sourcing, assessing, interviewing and influencing talent for all levels of positions, with a primary focus on brand recruiting. Responsibilities
- Develops recruitment strategy for each open position in partnership with field leadership; clearly defines sourcing strategies and expectations.
- Develops candidate slates to present to Hiring Managers and works as a liaison between candidates, Hiring Managers and Human Resource partners throughout the full cycle recruiting process.
- Works closely with other HR departments to provide input to and participate in HR programs and initiatives, such as post-hire retention, relocation, and interview skills training.
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 3 years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, Affirmative Action, training, etc.).
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles, employee relations, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Previous experience and proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and personal issues.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding employee information.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels and the general public.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, PowerPoint, and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in related field plus 5+ years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, Affirmative Action, training, etc.).
- Background in: Big Box Retail, Packaged Goods, Parts Distribution, Supply Chain
- PHR / SHRM Certified
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.