|Title:||DC Clerk / Forklift Driver|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
First shift rates starting at $17.50 per hour!
These are physical jobs! You will stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lift, carry, push, pull, handle large product and maneuver items weighing 65 pounds with the appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
You'll be working in a warehouse and while your comfort and safety is our number one priority, the environment is subject to seasonal changes.
If you are highly motivated, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and can be here each day, you will be successful at Williams-Sonoma. First shift positions are scheduled for 5:00am – 3:30pm M-Thu, OT as required. Attendance is important and we track attendance carefully!
Our regular, full-time roles include a generous benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, 401k, employee discounts, vacation, personal and sick time. Company-paid benefits include life insurance (1x annual salary), wellness programs, biometric screenings, flu shots, attendance and recognition bonuses and much more!
If you like the sound of it, then come join our team. We think you will like it here!
- Must be familiar with Radio Frequency and AS400 system
- Process damaged SKU’s, work with Transitional, SKU look up, location moves, pick merchandise if needed
- Perform cycle counting reserve locations using order picker, (min 663 per day)
- Research inventory variances, problem SKU’s and research SKU’s on lock code report
- Maneuver around PKMS to split and/or move cases along with other duties assigned
- Research lost merchandise in mods, process wave closure collates
- Complete active cycle counts from picking location – (min 70 per day)
- Investigate cycle count and other inventory related errors and provide feedback to warehouse daily
- Perform free space audits, location audits, dock audits and drop zone audits
- Provide support to other departments on Inventory Related issues
- Able to lift merchandise 65 lbs or heavier consistently
- Train others on daily work assignments when needed
- Mobile Equipment/Forklift Operation
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some positions require elevating on an order picker 5 stories up
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Basic knowledge of Receiving, Replenishment, Picking, Shipping, Inventory Control, Profiling, and Waving
- Experience with operating an Order Picker, Reach Truck (Raymond Brand)
- Have working knowledge of Excel, PKMS, RF scanners, and AS400.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook) preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of basic math (addition and subtraction)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.