Co- Delivery Driver
|Title:||Co- Delivery Driver|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
POSITION SUMMARY: Extraordinary local home-delivery and customer relations driver position. Position involves local trips with a load of furniture and accessories that must be unloaded at a customer’s home, office or other designated location. Backhauls consist primarily of customer returns and scheduled pickups of furniture. This position is nontraditional since drivers play a critical role for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Operating and driving a straight-truck
- Unloading furniture at customer’s designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Walking forward and backward
- Completely assembling furniture as required; e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs, hanging wall mirrors (within company safety and liability guidelines)
- Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers
- Performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in customer’s home
- Inspecting vehicle for safe performance
- Conducting inventory of tools, supplies, equipment and repair kits
- Preparing required documentation; driver logs, delivery receipts and comments
- Marking rejected furniture with tape indicating problem areas
- Unloading returns and pickups each morning prior to loading new delivery items.
- Submitting all delivery documents and vehicle inspections sheet along with explanations of returned items.
- Clocking in and out each day in payroll system
- Providing information concerning trip feedback and problems requiring corrective actions
- Considering regulatory, health and safety needs of self and team mate during trip
- Projecting company image,” Red Carpet and White Glove Service”
- Completion of driver training program or one year equivalent experience
- Previous experience with furniture or household goods desirable, will train
- Understanding of proper lifting techniques desirable, will train
- Experience driving a 26’ box truck or CDL “B” or “A” preferred
- Good knowledge of highways, map reading, sense of direction
- Good communication skills and friendly, professional manner
- Honesty and pride in workmanship
- Ability to lift heavy, in excess of 500 pounds, furniture effectively with partner
- Must have good attendance and be a team player
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and understand English. Requires the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines and objectives. Requires the ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret general business information, governmental regulations, and technical/trade journals. Requires the ability to write reports and communicated effectively using telephonic, written, and electronic means. Requires the ability to effectively and respectfully present information one-on-one, small, and large group situations to customers, management and employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATIC SKILLS: Basic math skills, addition and subtraction are required for record keeping purposes, general and DOT.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and develop solutions/strategies. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information or instructions with several undefined and some concrete variables.
- MANUAL DEXTERITY: Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination. Requires the ability to drive a truck and perform complete set up/installation of furniture.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, arms, legs and back to handle, feel, assemble or lift objects of furniture, equipment, tools or controls. Driver must possess good manual dexterity and mechanical ability. Some furniture assembly required. The driver may sit between 1 to 7 hours, stand 2 to 5 hours, and walk 2 to 5 hours. Walking distance vary between 25 to 300 feet depending upon distance of customer’s home and driveway from road, and driver’s ability to use the customer’s driveway area. In addition, the employee will be required to see, hear, smell and talk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands, legs or arms and to lift and move heavy objects, up to 250 pounds individually, and with assistance up to 500 pounds. Lifting heights vary from floor/ground level, to waist level, to above the head. Most lifting averages 4 to 6 feet in height. Employees are required to stand, walk (forward and backward), sit, kneel, crouch and crawl. Adequate correctable vision is required to perform the job duties, including close visual acuity, color vision and the ability to focus
- PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION: Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear).
- WORK CONDITIONS AND HAZARDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- In/out of Hub center daily, time reported via Kronos
- Performing stops at customers homes, approximately 8 to 12 stops per trip
- Trips within 150 miles for Hub center
- Two-person teams
- Subject to inclement weather and road conditions
- Subject to DOT regulations
- Responsible for straight-truck
- Performing duties in a safe manner, obeying traffic laws
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.