|Title:||Senior Manager, Accounting|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma - Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Senior Manager, Accounting will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the team. This role will require close coordination with our merchant processors and our internal IT, Loss Prevention and Treasury departments. Strong communication skills, a collaborative style, and robust analytical and technical capabilities will be required in order to be successful.
The Senior Accounting Manager position is located in Olive Branch, MS
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Manage and develop a staff members
- Serve as the primary contact for all internal and external business partners for credit card and point of sale reconciliation related issues or needs
- Oversee accounting close responsibilities which include accounting for credit card fees (US and Foreign), rebates, charge backs and recoveries for all sales channels
- Work independently the Technology department on various projects such as new credit card integrations
- Propose solutions to streamline process and correct monthly GL reconciliation issues
- Review and provide guidance related to company policies/procedures as it relates to our credit card reconciliation process. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Provide various analysis to leadership regarding trends, cardholder base, loyalty programs, etc.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience required
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience handling credit card settlement reconciliation preferred; experience with (ReconNet preferred)
- Strong technical & systems skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Self-directed, critical thinker able to work independently
- Knowledge of large corporate accounting programs
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations and management
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com