|Title:||Sutter South - Lead|
|Shift::||4 x 10 Monday-Thursday|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and the key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online, and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers, and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The Lead Person will ensure that daily departmental goals are met and assist Plant Management with leading, guiding, and directing a group of associates while meeting the objectives of Sutter Street Manufacturing in safety, service, quality, and cost. The primary area of focus for lead will be assembly lines.
- Train, lead and direct a team of associates to perform daily tasks promptly and with high standards in order to achieve departmental and facility production goals using documented SOPs.
- Lead through example by performing department tasks safely, correctly, and quickly while demonstrating integrity and acting in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Partner with manager to coordinate team assignments and occasionally re-assign associates to other areas as necessary.
- Work with the associates to maximize the productivity of the departments while ensuring quality and adhering to and complying with all safety policies.
- Share business information and listen to teammates. Communicate with managers and other departments verbally and through required reporting.
- Periodically check work and coach on productivity pace and methods.
- Develop and maintain daily/weekly productivity reports.
- Suggest improvements to current techniques and processes.
- Ensure each employee has the correct materials to perform their task properly.
- Ensure that the overall cleanliness of the area is maintained throughout the shift.
- Adhere to budget requirements and work toward obtaining departmental objectives and division goals.
- Solicit opinions of team members on the effectiveness of department operations to maximize productivity levels.
- Track all supplies and maintain inventories needed to run the department.
- Ensure tags/tickets/rolls are correctly accounted for within the inventory system and follow system requirements for tracking materials.
- Ensure that all supplies are in place and have been received in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture manufacturing environment. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in cutting operation (hand-knife and Gerber) is necessary to assist in the development of team and process layout.
- Basic computer skills are a plus
- Good math and reading skills
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple instructions commonly placed in a production manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written and the ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Have good Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team with other associates and managers
- Excellent time-management skills including the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to sit or stand for 12-hour periods and bend and twist at waist and knees as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
- Have a strong sense of urgency and time management to meet established deadlines
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.