|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday; 6:00am-4:30pm
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
Utilize Williams Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
Solicit opinions of team members on departmental operations in an effort to maximize productivity and quality objectives.
Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture through the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits.
Works cooperatively and harmoniously with manager, co-workers, and others.
Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager by using departmental resources.
Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
Provide training, productivity reporting, and feedback to any errors made by staff on a daily basis.
Daily start-up meeting and communication of daily/weekly goals for department.
Work with the Ops Manager for specific service metrics related to safety, service, quality and cost.
Lead and guide to associates in the department, keeping Williams Sonoma’s mission, vision and values in mind.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture through the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits.
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources and volume demands.
- Support weekend manager through supervision of associates; provide direction for associates and assign work as needed to match
operational needs; hold daily start up meeting.
- Primarily responsible for the oversight of outbound shipping operations; must be flexible and able to cover inbound, picking, and put away functions if needed.
- Provide training to associates on essential job functions and understand all aspects of assigned operation.
- Research and resolve issues independently; provide feedback on operations, processes, and associate performance.
- Successfully complete tasks assigned with minimal supervision.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience.
1 year of experience working with a warehouse management system.
Proficiency in working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
Availability to work full time schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
Excellent attendance, and willingness to be part of a team - performing whatever duties are necessary.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: