Safety Leader (Coordinator)
|Title:||Safety Leader (Coordinator)|
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!!!!
This is a 1st shift position, Monday – Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, with overtime as required.
This position starts at $19.00 per hour.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates safety programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety and security programs.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent safety leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Safety Management or Business Management required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of safety experience required.
- Advanced training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.
Equal Opportunity Employer