|Title:||Human Resource Generalist|
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties for the Williams-Sonoma Supply Chain Distribution Centers in the Great Memphis area. The HR Generalist will work closely with HR management in supporting all HR and company directives for the Memphis and Olive Branch distribution centers. This position carries responsibilities in the following areas: benefit administration, employee relations, training, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, employment law compliance.
- Critical employee relations and EEO support and related on-site training.
- Provides guidance and coaching to associates on employee relations issues.
- Administers and communicates FMLA regulations to associates.
- Assists in coordination of associate activities and is well acquainted with the workforce.
- Maintains knowledge of the new legal issues in the Federal and State HR arenas.
- Stays mindful of acceptable legal practices in the daily workplace and diligently enforces policies in a manner consistent with the laws.
- Provides guidance and consultation to management in the resolution of staff complaints, performance coaching and counseling.
- Maintains overall awareness of EEO laws & regulations and responds to any issues or complaints of staff.
- Conducts investigations, prepares reports and makes recommendations as required.
- Participates in cross-functional teams responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives.
- Uses strong oral and written communication skills to explain complex regulations to all levels of staff.
- Provides HR support to other facilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in related HR function areas.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles, employee relations, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common-sense regarding employee information.
- Previous experience and proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and personal issues.
- Experience of working in a distribution environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to work 1 weekend every month to support a 7-days a week operation.
- Background in: Big Box Retail, Packaged Goods, Parts Distribution, Supply Chain
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 5+ years of experience in HR generalist functions (recruiting, employment, employee relations, Affirmative Action, training, etc.).
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.